Land agents are responsible for the negotiation and acquisition of land and property, for appraising land use opportunities, preparing valuations, and for providing advice to clients on legal and tax issues.
Land agents represent landowners interests in order to maximise the value of the land and property being sold and to achieve the best possible outcome from the transaction, providing sound professional advice throughout the process.
They undoubtedly add value to the process and have a vital role to play for the following key reasons:
- A professional approach that will bring experience and trust to the sale, a sound reputation that will reassure potential buyers and an intimate knowledge of the market, the sales process and the local area that will benefit the seller.
- A problem solver with an emphasis on “solutions” not “problems, and possessing considerable knowledge of the sale process, pitfalls and the best way forward. Knowledge and experience in all aspects of land and property, from the local plan process, planning and listed building consent applications, planning constraints, legal agreements (S106 and Community Infrastructure Levy) and technical studies (traffic, ecology, landscape, flooding etc), through to the land valuation process and competitive marketing.
- Good market exposure requires effective and sometimes aggressive marketing to promote the land to prospective buyers, and an established database of contacts/prospective buyers thus increasing the prospects of best value and a successful sale.
- Sound knowledge of the market and market trends, sound negotiation skills and effective established relationships with key contacts, from potential buyers to essential professional specialists (legal, financial, tax experts etc). Effective negotiation with all stakeholders throughout the process really can keen the project on track and make the difference between achieving a reasonable sale value and achieving a great sale value!
- Use of a professional land agent will remove the emotional stress associated with land and property transactions. They act as the “point of contact” in arranging the entire process, saving the vendor personal time and reduced anxiety.
Our land agents in Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Hertfordshire are experts in their field. Give us a call today on 01234 391099.